Cute Polka Dot Nail Art Tutorial
If you’ve ever wondered how the professionals come up with so many great ideas for nail art…well, let’s just say there are a few secrets they’d probably prefer you didn’t know. And we thought we’d share one of them with you right now – how about professional-quality polka-dot nail art you can try out at home without having to invest in any special equipment at all?
Once you’ve tried this out, chances are it will become a new favorite you’ll be going back to over and over again. Believe it or not, the secret lies in using a simple household sticking plaster which you’ll be converting into a makeshift stencil.
- Sticking plasters
- Nail polish in two colors
How it works
- Take the one of the sticky ends of the plaster (the end with the holes in it) and cut it off using the scissors. Make sure the piece you cut is large enough to cover your nail in full.
- Take the color of nail polish of your choosing and paint your nails as normal, being sure to leave plenty of time for the polish to dry.
- When fully dried and hardened, take the plaster and stick it over your nail.
- After this, it’s simply a case of painting the top of the plaster with the second color of your choosing, which will travel through the small holes and create the polka dot effect.
- Wait for the new layer to dry and then peel the plaster away carefully to leave the dots in place.
It’s simply brilliant to try out a bunch of different color combinations or perhaps to try different colors on each of your nails. In any case, a box of plasters isn’t going to cost you nearly as much as heading to the salon, so feel free to be as creative as you like.
Nail Art Summer Polka Dots: Ideas
Share your ideas with our readers below – we’re always delighted to hear your thoughts!